WhatsApp has now received the password protection for private chats lock functionality first seen in the beta version of WhatsApp. Users are now notified of the update, so be sure you have the latest version of the app installed.
In addition, you can encrypt individual chats with WhatsApp’s new Chat Lock for greater privacy by using a password or fingerprint.
WhatsApp Introduces New Password Protection For Private Chats
Your most private conversations will remain hidden without locking the entire application. Even though WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption, anyone with your phone can still read your chats. Chat Lock should make handing over your phone easier if you are concerned about prying eyes.
Exactly How Does It Work?
You can only access your closed chats with passwords or biometrics by logging into a secure folder. There will be no mention of the sender’s name or any message content in these chat notifications. The hidden picture feature in iCloud works similarly to Apple’s.
A conversation can easily be locked by following a few simple steps. First, it is necessary to hold down the chat you wish to hide to reveal a lock option. Next, a restricted chat can be accessed through the app’s inbox menu in the top right corner. Once the restricted folder has been selected, you will be asked for a password or to use your fingerprint.
Password Protection System Provides Several Benefits
There are several benefits to WhatsApp users who can now password protection for private chats:
- Enhanced Privacy: Password protection provides additional privacy, ensuring that only authorized users can access your private chats. If you lose or steal your phone or share your device with another person, this will be especially useful
- Unauthorized access security: The private conversations on your device cannot be read if someone has access to it without a password. A feature such as this adds an extra layer of security so that you can rest assured
How To Enable Whatsapp Password Protection For Private Chats?
The process of enabling password protection for private chats is straightforward. Step-by-step instructions are provided below:
- To access WhatsApp’s settings, open the app and click “Settings”
- In order to access your privacy settings, you will need to click the “Account” button
- Make sure “Password Protection” is selected from the drop-down menu
- The password you wish to use will be prompted for entry
- Several options are available after you’ve entered your password, including fingerprint authentication or a time delay for re-entering it
- As soon as you confirm your selections, your private chats will be protected by a password
You can safeguard your private conversations by following these simple steps.